Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A Rabbit’s Soliloquy


I cannot be contained
I cannot be controlled
I cannot be possessed
I cannot be pulled

You may sit with me
Talk to me
Feed me
Play with me

We may wander in the garden together
We may ponder the weeds beneath OUR lucky feet

I may memorize you.
I may charm you
I may destroy all your beliefs
I may hurt you

You may bleed
You may ooze
You may feel confused
You may shed every fiber from your past within you

I am as elusive as the worms tunneling beneath the hidden layers
….as elegant as the trees and sky hovering above them
 ….as impermanent as the twinkling stars that YOU perceive
….as transparent as the moonlight flickering through the leaves

I may nuzzle you
I may bow down to you
I may sit at your feet
You may try catching me

But I flow like the wind
I blaze through your fires
I float down your streams
I solidify your desires

Watch me
Be me
But never...never cage me



Written by Laureen De Shazer with Jolie in the garden, 2014






2 comments: