Monday, March 9, 2015

Love Drops


love drops down with a splat
then I know it's all about that!

tremors of disappointment encourage the swell
prompted by memories of places I no longer dwell 

like a furious ocean wave
I try to hold you from crashing down

resisting the urge to let you go
hurts the inevitable irresistible flow

down in the abyss you begin your journey
elements merge to forge the path of learning

triggers open the channels for you to grow
reactions upon reactions build you from my ego

pushing you to the edge of the brink
where you will only live briefly until the blink

the climax forces you out of your duct
removing you from your comfy little rut

where you have waited an eternity for this day 
to appear for your pilgrimage in this way

salty and wet you release down my cheek
then take the riskiest leap off my chin into the deep

all of you silently transform  with  gravity
into that perfect transparent shape no matter what the tragedy 

the angels saw you coming and guided you until you stopped
to savor the sweet treasures in your one precious  tear drop

for mom, 2010


1 comment: