Friday, April 29, 2016

Chronically So



Before the moment I open my eyes
I notice you

You wake with me
When I move

You move with me
Many times I lay longer with you

Holding you in the softness of my hands
Holding you in my mind’s memories

Wondering how long you will stay with me
Wondering what you will reveal to me

Today, you are simply a sensation, an object of my senses
You are a symptom of my imagination

I no longer shove you away
I no longer numb you with society’s prescriptions

I no longer despise you or deny you
You are nothing separate from me

You are nothing to be hated
You are nothing
You are part of who I am
You are part of how I am… in this world

So every step I take
I take with you

I embrace you as my own
I love you

Just as you are
For as long as you need to be there

For as long
As you need to be me

No comments:

Post a Comment