Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mocking Bird



Mocking Bird, singing your song
I heard you in darkness this morning at dawn

Your essence visited me before this day
But you echoed in a different way

I didn't know it was you
But now, I sincerely do

You have been there all along
Sharing your precious song

Over and over in my heart
I caught the verses in their parts

Wondering what you were
I started listening...
                                                                                                                     
Your melodies expanded
I started noticing...

In my mundane domestic tasks
You bring me pockets of ponderings and  peace that lasts

Chorusing into my joy
Guiding me back to my source

Your determination brought me straight to my moments
Giving me glimpses into my Nows

Mocking Bird, Early Bird
I know your sweetness today

Disguised as nature, is your way
of letting me know the depth you play

Waking with me, I hear your song
Repeating your mantra, it goes on and on

In my mind, dropping to my heart
This early morning or any other starts

Your sacred silence follows
Reminding  me of my empty hollows

CLICK TO LISTEN TO LAUREEN









No comments:

Post a Comment