Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Tree that Crossed my Path


The tree that crossed my path, embraced me in its silence
With its rough exterior piercing my hands, the other side, soft and smooth
Inviting me to be still in its grace
Your long limb pressed upon my breasts, upon the rhythms of my heart

The stone that called me to it, sat me down on its silence
With its heavy solid base to carry my weight
Reminding me of my bones while cooling my flesh
You supported my being next to the sunlit wooden bridge

The wind that caressed my cheeks, settled me into its silence
With the seagulls, hawks, and crows circling in this element
Allowing my existence to bubble up randomly
You entertained the objects of my senses

The creek that walked me to it, submerged me in its silence
With its sweet liquid flowing down the open crevices
Trickling into my exposed vulnerability and willingness
You captivated me to come and wander in the mud






No comments:

Post a Comment